top of page

Abel’s Cafe (1931-1970)

A family café owned by George and Faye Abel was a fixture on La Porte City's Main Street for nearly four decades. Starting as the walk-up-windowed “Wishmore Sandwich Shop” in 1931, it evolved into a full-service café with a counter and booths. Over time, its name changed to the “Wishmore Café,” “G.F.A. Café,” and, finally, “Abel’s Café.”

bottom of page